Installation Artist Agreement
The agreement is entered into freely by Robert A. Jackson, Plumatorium Gallery
Printed Name Signature
Phone Number E-mail contact
_____ I am a local artist with a draw of 15 (min.) 50 + active fans locally
_____ I am nationally recognized with an SF bay area fan base of 50-100 people.
_____ I am internationally acclaimed with an SF bay area fan base of 100 or more.
Signature above demonstrates you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. You accept to install ___________(#) pieces at __________________________(venue)_ on __________________ (date) at ___________ P.M. ($30 donation per every 4x6 feet requested is
expected unless the event has a door fee.) Please reserve __________________________ feet for me for this event. We accept framed and unframed works. One night events have no fees or commissions attached. All events running longer than one night will require a 60-40 percent split of sales with 60 percent payable to the selling artist.
2. Closing reception is on ________________________ at ________________ P.M. Works must be picked up at closing time on the day of the closing event. In cases of emergency, delaying art pick-up, please contact Rob Jackson (415)359-3308 and coordinate pick-up within 30 days of the events close. Works abandoned will be donated to local schools after 30 days from the last date of the event. However, one day events no storage will be offered to artists and works will be placed on the street if unclaimed at the events close.
3. Age designation:___________ . The venue has a maximum occupancy of _________ persons. Please attach a description list with pricing including dimensions and materials used/ titles. Attach stickers on the back of paintings to ensure sales staff are properly informed listing title, price, materials used and date created. Please initial with Plumatorium Staff
here _________________ _____________(for Plumatorium Gallery) once art is installed to verify displayed pieces match your inventory list attached to your contract. Please sign the back of works if not otherwise signed. We make an effort to obtain buyer information for you when possible.
4. Artists waive/ relieve venue and promoter for any liability to person or property. Artists agree to be under the direction of the promoter, venue managers and staff. Note this installation opening reception may have live music/fashion participants. You will be notified of the line-up for promotional purposes in advance. Most venues we work with have theft and damages insurance. In the unlikely event of damage or theft, Plumatorium Gallery agrees in advance to make a police report. Submission Venue does not have insurance covering art theft. Thus, we recommend you have one person with the work during the event.
5. Participants are expected to promote widely following the promotions guide available online at www.ripstar.cfsites.org see Art Press release Tips link! Artist found promoting and selling work have drastically improved chances of being invited to hang in other venues for longer durations.
6. Artists may be granted limited PSA announcement opportunities or may present introductions to audiences, let us know what you have in mind.
7 . Flyers. Warning: Talent are not to post flyers on public or city property. You may obtain permission from shop owners and private property owners to display posters to announce shows. If the venue is ever confronted by the City because an act/artist violates laws regarding flying, that act will be held responsible, not the venue. Please pick up stacks of handbills from the venue or Rob by calling (415)359-3308.
8. Signature above allows promotional rights to replicate, place before the public in any media, and to sell products using your art images. Rob Jackson will award 50 percent to artists for products he develops and sells (if any) in connection to promotions. Otherwise, Plumatorium will award participating artists 70 percent of all original art sales. The remaining 30 percent will be awarded to Rob Jackson, owner Plumatorium Gallery.
9. If available for radio interviews please initial here. ____________
10. _____ (artist initials here) I agree to notify my network and previous collectors about this important historical event supporting the American Red Cross (25 percent of Rob’s earnings, after costs, will be donated to American Red Cross). I will direct potential buyers to RSVP for this event by providing them with Rob Jackson contact information listed in this agreement 10 days prior to the event and remind people I really think should attend at least 3 days with follow-up phone calls. I also pledge to post this on event calendars in or around the SF Bay Area and generally help promote as directed by Rob Jackson and his team. I further understand while I am not required to be in attendance, it is desired because you can answer questions about your work and speak to audiences on your own behalf. Thanks
11. Artist will bring a typed list of titles and prices that correspond to labels placed on the back of each piece hung. Each artist will bring at least one piece that can be entered into silent auctions starting at minimum $50 in value and will be sold to highest bidder.
Please retain a copy for yourself and then mail the original signed agreement to:
Oakland, CA 94618
Electronic signatures are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Agreement end. XXX
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Plumatorium calls for you to submit art!
You get an estimated $1000 in art related promotions. Call (415)359-3308 for details.
1. Please print, sign and return the contract within 10 days of any offers!
2. Include a $10 one time registration fee. (waived if this is your first time being served by us! )
3. Please include your BIO, a list of the works you're submitting (max 6 for first time entries) and a title and price list which can be easily correlated to the work you’re sending or hanging. Shows run every month. If you want to cross out the clause regarding automatic donations and you wish to pick up your work rather than have any non-selling works donated go ahead and cross it out and initial it. We will send back a signed agreement and also initial the change upon receipt of your entries.
National and international submissions:
Only non-selling art scheduled for pick-up will be returned or art sent with self addressed envelopes for return. Any shipped art must be framed. All non-accepted or non-selling art entries physically shipped to us will be donated to local schools and select charities to assist in annual fundraisers if the work does not sell within a six month period unless shipping is provided by the artist. .
Selected pieces will also be posted online at www.ripstar.cfsites.org
One night events have no fees or commissions attached. We request to help the gallery sell art that you discount the art you are submitting. Please send us work less than $10,000 in value and insure your own work if that important to you. Thanks for letting us serve you!